10 Best Self-Cleaning Litter Boxes for Pooping Like a Princess
We love kitties, but cleaning their litter box is not a favorite sport. In fact, it’s one of the things we all avoid doing. That's why you should find the best self-cleaning litter box to make your job easier.
Litter-Robot III Open AirCheck price »
CatGenie Self Washing Self Flushing Cat BoxCheck price »
Omega Paw Self-Cleaning Litter BoxCheck price »
No one wants to touch a stinky box with poo and pee in it. What a drag! Thankfully, in modern times, we have advantages like the best self-cleaning litter box that is a must in every kitty home.
But with so many options, which one is right for you? We found and reviewed 10 of the best self-cleaning cat litter boxes, so you can decide what the best one for you and your kitty is.
- Litter-Robot III Open Air
- CatGenie Self Washing Self Flushing Cat Box
- Omega Paw Self-Cleaning Litter Box
- Modkat Litter Box
- PetSafe Simply Clean Self-Cleaning Cat Litter Box
- LitterMaid Single Cat Self-Cleaning Litter Box
- PetSafe ScoopFree Ultra Self-Cleaning Cat Litter Box
- PetSafe ScoopFree Original Self-Cleaning Cat Litter Box
- Nature's Miracle Multi-Cat Self-Cleaning Litter Box
- OurPets SmartScoop Intelligent Litter Box
10. OurPets SmartScoop Intelligent Litter Box
- Sends notifications via its accompanying app about your cat’s behavior
- Works with any cat litter
- Easy to disassemble and clean
- Comes with carbon filters for better odor control
- It is one of the most coveted best Self-Cleaning Litter Box
- Musty empty waste bags daily
- Litter can be flung out of the box by the automatic rake
- The rake may miss smaller clumps
This smart, scoop free box sends you notifications on its accompanying app when your cat’s litter box behavior changes. It works great with any cat litter, and the box’s motor is pretty quiet. The carbon filters minimize odor too.
9. Nature’s Miracle Multi-Cat Self-Cleaning Litter Box
- Easy to use
- Automatic cleaning after every use
- Can be used with any cat litter
- Carbon filters
- No privacy hood
- Might seem a little pricey compared to similar models
This cat box has a larger capacity because of its dimensions, compared to most kitty litter boxes. Its delayable cleaning time can be set for when your cat is done and has left the box. It also uses carbon filters to help control odor better, so no stink, or at least less than most.
8. PetSafe ScoopFree Original Self-Cleaning Cat Litter Box
- Affordable for an automatic self cleaner
- Good odor and moisture control
- Practically dust and tracking free
- No adjustable cleaning times
- Requires specialized litter
- Might need adjustment for some cats
This is a great middle of the road choice. Its excellent odor control and minimal waste cleaning, combined with its price tag, make it a solid choice. This one is also a self cleaner for up to 2 weeks, but it has no adjustable cleaning times.
- 20 Most Expensive Cat Breeds in the World (cat price) - Here are 20 of the most expensive cat breeds in the world for people who want to buy a fabulous, exotic cat.
7. PetSafe ScoopFree Ultra Self-Cleaning Cat Litter Box
- Automatic and self-cleaning for up to two weeks
- Adjustable cleaning times
- Great odor and moisture control
- Low tracking with specialized litter
- Requires specialized litter
- Might require an adjustment period for certain cats
This kitty litter box is ideal for someone who works long hours or doesn’t have time to clean the box as often. It’s automatic and self-cleaning with excellent odor control. You can refill with litter as much as you like and set to self-clean for up to two weeks.
6. LitterMaid Single Cat Self-Cleaning Litter Box
- Self scooping for seven days
- Low maintenance
- Reasonable odor control
- Uses any hard clumping litter
- Not great for multiple cats
- Can be a little noisy
- Sensors can get dusty with cat litter
This automatic kitty litter box is self scooping and needs little to no attention for seven days. Plus, it holds 50% more kitty litter. Its high walls prevent litter scatter, and its carbon filter helps minimize odors. It’s timed to clean 20 minutes after your cat leaves the box.
5. PetSafe Simply Clean Self-Cleaning Cat Litter Box
- Fully automated
- Easy to use
- Uses less litter than most boxes
- No special bags needed
- 15 lb cat weight limit
- Requires an electrical outlet
- No cover so odor can still be an issue
This sophisticated cat box has a slow-moving bowl that pushes your kitty waste like a conveyer belt to the waste drawer. No timers or sensors needed with its one full rotation an hour.
- 10 Best Cat Trees for Spoiled Felines | 2022 Reviews - Everyone knows cats deserve to be spoiled and worshipped. Buy your furry friend one of these 10 best cat trees that scream luxury.
4. Modkat Litter Box
- Top entry and high walls for less litter tracking and reduced odor
- No electricity or water required
- Not really self-cleaning, scooping still required.
Okay, so this box might not precisely be self-cleaning, but its design with the top entry and high walls helps prevent litter tracking and trap odor. Plus, the swivel lid makes it easy to clean. It comes with a reusable liner which can last months. We can definitely get behind this one.
3. Omega Paw Self-Cleaning Litter Box
- Easy to assemble and use
- No special litter or liners
- No electricity or water needed
- Not truly automatic, you still have to manually roll to separate the waste from the litter
- Clean litter might make its way into the waste tray
This incredibly budget-friendly cat box is so easy to use that anyone in the household can be on poop duty. No fancy sensors, granules or liners for this one, but it does a great job separating the waste from the litter. No electricity or water hook up required.
2. CatGenie Self Washing Self Flushing Cat Box
Price Range: HighCheck price »
- 100% self-cleaning and hands-free
- Granules are included and dust-free
- Saves you time and money
- Reusable granules don’t hold odor as well
- Requires hooking up to cold water and an electrical outlet
The cat genie box looks quite similar to an actual toilet. How cute is that? This box does everything for you, including flushing the waste and washing and drying the cat litter granules. The granules are included with the box; they are dust-free and don’t require changing. That’s a win for this choice.
- 30 Crazy Rich Pets You’ll End up Envying After Reading This - What are the richest pets in the world? From dogs to cats and chickens, these rich pets are the envy of the world.
1. Litter-Robot III Open Air
Price Range: HighCheck price »
- Monitored and controlled through an app
- Works great for small or large cats and multiple cat households
- Excellent odor control
- It uses any clumping cat litter and any 13-gallon size bag
- Large size might not be ideal for smaller homes
- Cats might kick out the litter
- Cycling might scare some cats
This elegant electric litter box not only self cleans, but you can monitor and control it using an app. This automatic litter robot’s patented sifting system uses a combination of time, rotation, and gravity.
It separates your cat’s waste from the clean litter automatically and dumps it into the waste drawer, so you don’t have to. That sounds like a dream to me! With this little robot, one-cat households typically empty the drawer once a week.
These days, you can find a self-cleaning cat litter box that matches your lifestyle and schedule anywhere. However, the more features and sensors you want, the more you have to pay. There are some great options available for someone on a tighter budget, but you might have to sacrifice a sleeker look or settle for one that’s not 100% self-cleaning.
As you want to buy the best wet cat food for your little friend, try to consider also the best litter for its needs.
So if it’s time-saving you’re looking for, something to accommodate your long hours, or you struggle with a medical condition that prevents you from cleaning the cat litter box often, you can find the best self-cleaning litter box for you among our choices.
And your cats will be the most grateful for this innovative litter box! Tell us what does your cat thinks about it?
I am a dog lover, foster, and rescuer. I GREW UP PICKING UP DOGS FROM THE STREETS IN EL PASO, Texas and finding loving homes for them. When I moved to San Antonio, Texas I was shocked at how bad the stray dog population was here and how dogs were not only homeless, but taken to the shelter and euthanized. I became a dog foster mom and quickly adopted my first three dogs: Brobee, Molly and Panini.Read more »